Company Name: Myly Nguyen – Marriage Celebrant
Company Address: PO Box 243 , Altona North , Victoria 3025
Phone Number: Mobile (0438 252 260) Work (03) 9327 2969
1) Can you tell us a little about your wedding celebrant services? How did you get started in the wedding industry?
I initially became involved in organizing family events which include wedding, funeral, naming ceremonies, etc … after got married in year 1985. More often, I’ve been asked by many friends and relatives for advice for planning a meaningful ceremony and ultimately that brought me to the desire of learning more about rituals, symbols, and life cycle ceremonies.
In 2000, I completed the Grad Diploma of Civil Ceremonies in Arts ( Monash University ) and became the first female Australian-Vietnamese born marriage celebrant appointed by the Federal Attorney-General in Australia .
I have strong belief in love, marriage, family values and those values have been passed on to everyone who comes to see me.
2) From your experience, what type of couples search for your services? Who is your ideal/typical client?
As my main form of advertisement is the website, I have had clients contact me from all over the world; different ages and backgrounds. Lately, most come from recommendations.
3) How many weddings have you done? How many do you do a year?
Since 2001, I have conducted over hundred of weddings, average 30-40 ceremony per year.
4) What do you do best and enjoy most about being a wedding celebrant?
When I hear the phone ring and couples ask me to solemnize their marriage, my first word to them is a congratulations with a joyful spirit. That is the best thing for me, to be able to share the happiness with others.
When they come to see me, I just simply look at them, their relationship with each other and listen to what they would like for their wedding day. Then I design & advise a personalized ceremony that suits the couple. My best skill knows how to create wedding ceremonies that suit each couples needs, desires and budget.
5) Why do couples choose you over other celebrants? What do you think makes you stand out? In other words, what do couples get with you that they might not get with others?
When a couple comes and say to me ’we are soul mates’ and believe marriage should be about two people becoming one, I often use the quote “ marriage should lead to a profound friendship of spirit which will endure in next world”. So they just simply see me as a celebrant who is friendly, warm, and comfortable to be with and can establish a good relationship with them.
6) Can you describe a normal wedding day in your life as a wedding celebrant?
“You’ll feel as good as you look’, that is my first motto when I am in the public eye and need to look professional.
Wherever location, venues, I usually arrive prior the ceremony time at least 20-30 minutes. To make sure the settings are correctly, that the PA system works in order, a quick chat with ring bearer, readers, music or band, then anyone who is in wedding industry that is involved in the day.
Talk with the families; help the groom to relax and most of all make sure that the ceremony runs as smoothly and as perfect as possible.
After the ceremony, I submit all details onto the Registry online system, then mail off all the legal documentation to the Registry office on the day.
7) Can you share your top tips to find the ideal wedding celebrant? What do couples need to look for?
The best way to find the celebrant is to have a chat with he/she, discuss what they would offer and see how experience; knowledgeable or skilled he/she is.
Another best way to find a good celebrant is ask for recommendations from friends; relatives; or other industry professionals who attend and are involved with the wedding ceremony.
8.) What’s your top 3 questions couples should ask prior to choose their celebrant?
The availability of the wedding date
Do you mind travelling?
How involved can we be in the process?
9) Trivial question… favorite wedding location?
10) Please share one last message to our site visitors. Make them an invitation to visit your company/website, and please indicate 3 AMAZING (yep REALLY AMAZING) reasons to choose you for their wedding day.
I just met Kim and Yen again (March 2012). They introduced me their two gorgeous daughters. I performed their wedding ceremony in 2002 and since I have married two of her cousins, three of their friends, one of Yen’s mother’s friend’s daughter, and this time is Kim’ niece. They were delighted to see me and said to me” your image has become part of our family, all of our family and friends’ weddings have got your creation in it” I was so touch and felt so privilege.